Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Telecomm Family

I can't stress enough how blessed I am to be a part of the Gator Nation and attending the College of Journalism and Communications at the University of Florida.  I've been given so many opportunities during my time here and some of those opportunities include meeting some pretty awesome people doing amazing things.
  • Lauren Rautenkranz is a news junkie like me and is passionate about telling feature stories.  She comes up with the coolest stand-ups!  Our nick-name for each other is "Fireball" (inside joke!) and our friendship is something I'm very grateful for, especially her always-positive attitude.  She anchors First at Five on Fridays, and reports on days I'm anchoring.  I look forward to see her bright smile and contagious optimism in the newsroom, and tailgating together on game days.  
  • Lisa Greenberg and I met a few semesters ago when we were paired up as partners in our TV1 class.  We made a great team and learned from each other - shooting and editing VOSOTs together for First at Five.  We shared horror stories about working on projects and losing clips we had shot on dysfunctional SD cards.  But we always had a great time working together on our TV shifts and I always love running into Lisa on our many days in the WUFT newsroom.  
  • Courtney Allen is a super cool girl and even COOLER because we both share a love for two great musicians:  Taylor Swift and John Mayer.  I enjoy Courtney's blog because we have a lot of similar tastes that she writes about including but not limited to Swift and Mayer.  We also both love the show Scandal starring Kerry Washington.  Courtney has great investigative story-telling skills and I'm getting to know that more as we're in an investigative reporting class together this semester.  She's definitely got a lot going for her!  

No comments:

Post a Comment