Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Making friends in the Gator Nation

The Gator Nation is a great family to be a part of.  I wrote about some of my classmates I'm close with in my last post, so I want to take the opportunity to get to know some of my other classmates here.
  • I formally met Rachel Stern when she came to my apartment dressed as a "minion" from Despicable Me for our Halloween Party.  I loved her costume and her personality.  Rachel's blog is about her very own celebrity encounters and she refers to herself as a "Stalkarazzi".  She writes about some neat encounters she's had, like meeting funny man Joel McHale.  
  • Mitchell Wohl is a Jacksonville native like myself.  I always see him reporting on Thursdays in the newsroom.  He's got a great blog about UF's theater program.  He's a theater minor and I think that's pretty cool - I had no idea!  From what I can tell by his reporting on Thursdays for WUFT, I know he's going to do very well with whatever he decides to pursue.  
  • Kevin Roberts is another familiar face on Thursdays as he is the Sports Anchor for our show, First at Five.  We've had a few classes together and I can tell he is passionate about sports and fitness, based on his blog dedicated to talking about working out.  Kevin interned at my work over the summer at First Coast News in Jacksonville and that's how I got to know him better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment