Monday, September 16, 2013

Hello and welcome!

Greetings!  Welcome to my blog, "The Wildlife Reporter".  My name is Brittany Bassler and I am a Telecommunications News student at the University of Florida.  I am an aspiring reporter with a growing interest in wildlife.  So I decided to combine these two fields and create this blog to share my experiences as a journalist with a wildlife beat.

I have a growing interest in wildlife and conservation efforts because my boyfriend, Travis is a Wildlife and Ecology graduate from UF.  He's passionate about all things animals and nature - something that I really haven't had a full understanding of, and I still don't - but my experiences are growing thanks to him and that's what I'd like to share with you all.  I'm a pretty "girly girl" as he calls me, and I enjoy the outdoors and cute animals but not to the extent he does.  So immersing myself into this culture has been eye opening.  

Here I will be posting updates about my adventures with him  and also wildlife updates and news around Florida.  Travis works for the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission and can give me direct insight about the wildlife community that I hope to share with you all. 

Thank you for reading - I hope my posts about the wildlife world will be informative and entertaining.

To get started you can follow this link and check out a cool picture of a Bobcat - and get an idea of what types of animals and updates we're interested in.


No comments:

Post a Comment