Saturday, October 12, 2013

Why I love animal releases

Seeing the Florida Panther siblings being released, and really any Florida wildlife release after being rescued is always exciting to me.  There's so many wildlife populations in Florida that are endangered and are quickly dwindling.  But seeing that small effort to help restore the Panther population in Florida shows that we're doing our best to protect these species that are becoming more rare.  

I have a heart for wildlife research and biology.  FWC biologists are making a real difference in our state with the work they do so directly with animals.  Their efforts are demonstrated in the video I posted.  I encourage you to learn more about Florida Panthers and other animals to get and understanding of why releases and rescues are such a big deal in the wildlife community.  

No comments:

Post a Comment